CSR Charity Compliance Executive
Location: Harrow, UK
GivingForce is an enterprise-grade CSR Portal used by some of the biggest companies in the world to deliver their corporate philanthropy strategies. We offer solutions such as payroll giving, volunteering hours, grants, matched fundraising and corporate donations amongst others. So far we have processed over 1.25m volunteer hours and £250m in donations.
At GivingForce our mission is to remove the barriers that would otherwise prevent an organization from engaging with society through their corporate responsibility programs. We have banking-level security; we ensure risk, compliance and auditability controls are in place; we make real measurement and reporting possible; we even have our own due diligence team to give customers confidence about the charities they are dealing with.
We’re not just about IT, security and controls. We make giving time, money and resources as easy, engaging and transparent as possible. Companies and employees love our intuitive Portal and we love that it is being used by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.
As Corporate Philanthropy becomes a bigger focus area for business throughout the world, we are seeing a lot more demand for our products. We are growing as a company and are growing as a team.
The CSR Charity Compliance Executive is a key member of the Client Services Team and you will be responsible for ensuring that our customers and their employees only engage with reputable organizations.
The role will involve:
- Verifying that organisations suggested by our clients meet the strict criteria we require before they can be included in our charity database.
- Maintaining the database and liaising with stakeholders, as necessary, to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Checking for errors and maintaining quality of data.
- Analysing complex information to see if it complies with legislation and other relevant criteria.
- Communicating with our clients’ employees and requesting further information where appropriate.
- Reading and responding to emails and ensuring the mailbox is up to date.
- Proactively identify and suggest improvements.
- Additional administration tasks as required.
- you should have strong administrative skills, be highly organised, focused and be able to manage your time effectively.
Attention to detail
- we need somebody who can proofread and pick up mistakes easily.
- you should be articulate and be able to convey your points in a succinct manner in person and in writing.
- we work as a team and so we need someone who is flexible, enthusiastic, and able to use discretion
- you must be able to analyse data and draw logical conclusions
- able to work independently or with colleagues, you must be responsible and tenacious, and take pride in your work
- competent user of Office software including: Word, Excel, Email (Gmail), etc
Positive & proactive
- Educated to a minimum of A level standard
- Demonstrable previous administration experience
- Proven track record in analysing and entering data
- Knowledge of another language would be useful
- Charity sector or CSR experience
What you can expect in return:
- £22k per annum salary full time
- Medical insurance (subject to probation)
- 21 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Free lunch, snacks and drinks
- Modern office
- Flexible hours
- Full time (37.5 hours a week)
If you’re interested, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please contact us at the email below, including your CV and a covering letter which is no longer than an A4 page and answers the following questions:
- Why would you like to work at GivingForce?
- What added value do you think you would bring to GivingForce?
Please apply or send any questions to email@example.com
No recruitment agencies please (unless you implicitly agree to waive all recruitment fees).