Sr IT / Network Administrator
We are looking for an experienced IT Administrator for maintaining the company’s IT network, servers and security systems in a reliable, secure manner.
The Job location is Pune, India. The ideal candidate should have the ability to work with agile teams of developers, hosting providers and other vendors located in India and the UK.
GivingForce is a software product company headquartered in London, UK. This software is used by global corporations to engage employees with charitable activities. GivingForce aims at identifying and removing barriers that would otherwise prevent corporations from engaging in corporate responsibility programmes. We have pioneered the development of a system by bringing all giving back activities to one place including volunteering, payroll giving, company matching and corporate donations amongst others. So far we have processed over 1.25 million volunteer hours and 250 million pounds in donations.
The CSR Charity Compliance Executive will be a key member of the Client Services Team. This person will be responsible for administering due diligence exercises to confirm if organisations across the world are reputed and competent to engage with GivingForce clients in corporate social responsibility programmes.
This is a full time position based in Pune, India. The candidate is required to work closely with the charity services team in India and the UK Head Office.
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade networks, servers and other devices such as desktops, laptops, servers, NAS devices, firewalls and other network equipment
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Troubleshoot issues related to application servers and development environments to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Ensure Antivirus and other critical services are running and are up to date
- Ensure business continuity – if a network or other equipment fails, the impact on the day to day running of the business needs to be minimised
- Keep an eye out for needed software updates
- Support and administer applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end-user
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration
- Help establish and promote best IT practices and standards
- Communicate with team members located in India and abroad
- Must have common sense and apply this to everything they do
Education and experience:
- Degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Must have 5 – 10 years of proven experience in IT Support / Administration / Network administrator role
The candidate must have the following technical skills:
- Should have the ability to work on multiple technologies and operating systems – Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
- Good knowledge of Linux required along with the knowledge of security features such as SELinux
- Experience with web server administration such as Apache or Nginx desired
- Experience with endpoint management software (such as Cisco Meraki)
- Hands-on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with backup tools and technologies required. Experience with Amazon S3 or similar cloud backup systems is desired
- Experience with firewalls (experience with PFSense desired), VPN implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is required
- Experience with VM / Container-based environment management (e.g. Virtualbox, Docker etc)
- Experience with cloud platform management desired e.g. AWS, Digital Ocean etc
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Should be good at organising, prioritising and multitasking
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Must have relevant training/certifications
- Great learning environment
- Flexible work hours
- Private medical insurance
- Provident fund
- Opportunity for progression in the firm
- Salary based on experience
- Flat organizational structure
If you’re interested, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please apply or send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruitment agencies please (unless you implicitly agree to waive all recruitment fees).