Charity Checking Manager
Help charities with your attention to detail and excellent analytic skills
Location: Harrow, London.
We’re looking for a charity gatekeeper responsible for ensuring our customers have confidence giving time or money to the organisations listed in our global database. We remove the risk and uncertainty of giving. Your attention to detail, diligence and oversight will determine the level of confidence, trust and support that our customers can offer.
Do you want to…
- Work in a company that supports businesses who want to give to their local communities and measure their charitable activities?
- Work with Corporate Responsibility teams from some of the leading businesses in the UK and around the World?
- Work alongside people who are motivated by their work, stop to take lunch and talk together, and have a work life balance?
If your answer to these questions is “yes” you should be working at GivingForce.
GivingForce provides cutting edge technology that helps businesses support and measure their charitable activities all over the world. We are the market leader in the sector and have a range of blue chip and high-profile clients.
We’re looking for an ambitious, motivated, and experienced person to lead our international team to ensure only organisations that meet our strict eligibility criteria are listed in our database of approved charities.
To work alongside and oversee the work carried out by the GivingForce charity due diligence team . To act as a key contact for our Clients and ensure a seamless service is provided globally. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Client Services.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Management of the due diligence service provided by GivingForce on a day to day basis
- Verifying the suitability of charities for inclusion in our Portal, and also ensure that all compliance procedures are adhered to by the whole team
- Update our internal guidance and train/advise the rest team of any changes
- Finding solutions to any discrepancies highlighted by the rest of the team
- Key point of contact with clients
- Liaise with our internal and external stakeholders in order to maintain our high level of service
- Handling queries and requests
- Can do
- Team player
- An eye for detail – you must be able to easily spot mistakes and inconsistencies within data
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and in person
- Be able to manage conflicting priorities and deliver to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be able to analyse and make sense of complex information
- Team Player – we work as a team and so we need someone who is flexible, enthusiastic, and able to use discretion
- Right to Work in the UK.
- IT literate
Preferred but not essential
- Vetting/Compliance/Due Diligence type experience – from any sector – we are looking for someone who can ensure our eligibility criteria is being adhered to by the whole team.
- Previous experience working within the CSR field.
- Experience of working within an office environment.
- An Undergraduate degree.
- Flexible working
- Company Pension Plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Modern office environment
- Breakfast, lunch, drinks and snacks included (we have lunch together every day)
- Macbook laptop
- 21 days annual leave + bank holidays
If you’re interested in the role please contact us at the email below, including your CV and a Covering letter. The covering letter should detail what you will bring to GivingForce and your perspective on a recent scandal to hit the UK charity sector and the implications this might have for a company that donates to them. Your covering letter should be no longer than a page.
Please send any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruitment agencies please (unless you implicitly agree to waive all recruitment fees).